GOP to Draft Mitt?

I have no reason to believe there's any truth to this...

But...
Mitt Romney in 2016?
Picture it: Binders full of women just waiting for you to finger your way through them.

The hot rumor on the web is that Mitt Romney could be the GOP nominee.
"According to other Republicans, some in the party establishment are so desperate to change the dynamic that they are talking anew about drafting Romney — despite his insistence that he will not run again. Friends have mapped out a strategy for a late entry to pick up delegates and vie for the nomination in a convention fight, according to the Republicans who were briefed on the talks, though Romney has shown no indication of reviving his interest."
So, I know a lot of folks won't be happy about this if he runs. A big question in my mind though is - what Carson/Trump supporters are going to jump ship and move to Romney? Carson has a certain aura about him in his gentleness that somewhat reminds me of Romney so I could see Romney taking votes from Carson.

Trump, on the other hand, isn't going to lose many supporters. If nothing else, I could see many of the people on the fence getting on the Trump bandwagon because they don't want to see Romney get the nomination again. In a lot of ways Romney is another Jeb in the race as far as I'm concerned. (Without the baggage of a family name, obviously).

FWIW, I have a lot more respect for Romney after watching the Netflix documentary about 2012. I thought the wholesome front was a facade and part of his campaign. Basically, I thought he was playing the Mormon stereotype to the max.

Seriously though - binders full of 'em.
After watching that documentary - and maybe I'm a sucker - I think that's actually who this guy is. It makes me feel bad for him because I never questioned his intelligence - just his intentions. If you haven't caught the documentary, I recommend it.

Comments