Celebrating Freedom With A New Pistol

Happy belated 4th of July, Independence Day, etc.

I think it's strange that there isn't more politically correct guidance about the 4th of July. You know, those pricks that would be like, "it's not the 4th of July, it's 'Independence Day'!"

Celebrated some freedom with a new pistol - I'd be eyeballing a full-frame 9mm for a while. Carrying the Walther PPS I know it's not ideal for home use so I picked up a Sig P226 (MK25). By the way, this might be old news for guys with the cash to buy a couple or more guns per year but I picked the Sig up at Bud's and I'll never pay the listed price for a gun on their site again.

"Sticker" price was $950 or so and I offered $840 on the "name your price" tool, which was accepted. Now I just feel dumb having paid the sticker price for guns in the past.

First trip to the range was a pleasure. Definitely a better experience than shooting several boxes through the PPS in terms of recoil and stamina.

Check out the difference at 21' below firing Sellier & Bellot 9mm, 115 grain:

Targets fired at from a Sig Sauer P226 and Walther PPS

I didn't time my shooting so this is far from exact science but I can tell you the per round fired is about the same between the two. I'd always expected my accuracy was better with a full frame but never was able to visualize it side-by-side like I did today.


Comments