Entourage Movie - I Need A Shower But Not Penicillin

Public Service Announcement: If you watched Entourage when it was a television show, the movie isn't THAT bad.

Don't judge me too harshly for this. I feel some shame. Not a lot. But some.

poster promoting Entourage the movie

So, back when the show Entourage was on HBO - at least in the early seasons, I'm a little embarrassed to admit, I was a fan.

Keep in mind, I was younger and probably a bit more pent up so the juvenile Hollywood storyline fit me well at the moment. You know, womanizing, gross sex jokes, etc...

As the show progressed, I became less interested but finished as the show completed its run on HBO. There were still some golden moments and some of the characters like Jeremy Pivens' portrayal of the ruthless agent Ari Gold were, well, pure gold.





This past week, HBO released an Entourage movie. The critics have pretty much lambasted it as horrible and pointless. I can't say I disagree with the latter of the two criticisms.
"By the time it reached the end of its HBO run in 2011, “Entourage” had grown staler than last night’s Axe Body Spray. The passing of a few more years has not improved the aroma,"  A.O. Scott of the New York Times said in his review.
Scott wasn't wrong in his assessment but I got exactly what I expected out of the film. Maybe my expectations were low but it entertained me for about an hour and a half, which is more than I can say for a lot of what's on television these days. That said, this movie isn't going to make you think. It's crude. It's a little gross.


As a bonus, I fully expected to need a shot of penicillin after leaving the movie theater because, frankly, a lot of the humor is crude and nasty. But it wasn't that bad. I think a shower should get most of the sexually transmitted germs off.



I'm headed out to the range for a bit now - hope to share some pics later. Good way to start the week!

Comments