Cigar Review - Romeo y Julieta Reserva Toro

Had a chance to take a mid-day walk with the dogs and light up for the first time in a week or so.

romeo y julieta lit cigar
Romeo y Julieta's Reserve Toro Cigar

I really like the way these cigars are constructed. Fairly firm, with a beautiful wrapper on them, I really expected this cigar to knock my socks off. I picked up a 5-pack of these as part of a Romeo y Julieta sampler at Cigars City.

It didn't.

The cigar itself wasn't horrible when it came to flavor but I was picking up a lot of earthy flavor, which really isn't my cup of tea. I typically prefer some of the coffee type notes and would have even preferred pepper to what I was getting out of this stick. Mmmm. Dirt.

That wrapper is a Nicaraguan wrapper and the photo doesn't do it justice. It was spectacular to look at it. Inside, the filler tobacco on these guys is also Nicaraguan.

Beautiful to look at. Mediocre to smoke.

It did give me a little bit of a nicotine buzz for the afternoon, sad to say. I'm not good at the whole "walking and toasting" thing. I tend to smoke too quickly when I walk at the same time. I don't know if I get nervous just holding the cigar or what the deal is.

Either way, it was a nice afternoon delight and the dogs enjoyed the walk.

Comments